Thursday, October 28, 2010

Dare I say it.... Shredded Beef!

I have always tried finding a decent shredded beef recipe so I could make shredded beef sandwiches... but they have always been too dry... or bland... or just plain Toss-it-in-the-trash-and-burn-the-recipe bad... So when I found this recipe I must say I was a little... ok a lot... skeptical. There were just so many things that made me nervous... first it uses no liquid of any type... second you don't have it sit in some marinade overnight... and third it cooks for 6-8 hours... so I was thinking... dry, bland and overcooked... but I read reviews and they all said the same... it was an amazing recipe one to keep in the family recipe book... blah blah blah... come on if so many people (3 lol) were giving it 5 star reviews it has to be good.... right?!

Well..... I tried it.... and.... yeah it was great... I dunno about 5 stars... but well up there... like 4.5 or something... if it was 5 stars I would have expected some fireworks or something to go off when I bit into the sandwich... **Note to self... Make for 4th of July**

Now I did not change anything in the recipe... so I am just going to put a link.... here ... for it. I would strongly suggest making it... BTW I just ate two sandwiches while typing this up... I told you I do not stick to the breakfast lunch and dinner guidelines. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment